SFTP Server of Choice for the IT Pro
Titan FTP Server is the most fully-featured SFTP Server available. With granular configuration settings, easy administration, and detailed logging, Titan offers administrators complete control. Titan also includes event triggers that can automate transfers, thwart hackers, and notify server administrators of activities and events on the server. With over 22,000 server licenses installed worldwide, Titan is truly the server of choice for the IT professional.
Titan FTP Server supports a variety of file transfer protocols. In addition to standard FTP, Titan supports the following secure protocols:
SFTP (SSH File Transfer Protocol) [Enterprise Edition Only]
- Supports SSH file transfer protocol versions 3 through 6.
- Transfers all information over an encrypted channel.
- Provides full SFTP support based on SSH-2 protocol.
- Adheres to the IETF’s Internet Draft
FTPS (FTP with SSL/TLS)
- Supports SSL v3.0 and TLS v1.0 (SSL v3.1).
- Transfers all information over an encrypted channel.
- Uses Explicit FTPS (AUTH SSL/TLS) or Implicit FTPS to secure file transfers.
HTTP and HTTP/S
- With the optional web interface, files can be transferred using HTTP or HTTP over SSL
Optional SFTP Client Drive Mapping
- With WebDrive, a file transfer client that integrates with Titan
Titan Web User Interface
Titan FTP Server’s Web interface allows you to extend the product’s capabilities to more end users, without the inconvenience or expense of installing client software. No downloads or plug-ins are required.
The Titan Web interface streamlines secure exchange with external partners and reduces the cost of supporting multiple file transfer clients within a single organization.
- Multi-Platform – Works with Windows, Linux and Macintosh
- Cross-Browser Compatibility – Works on all modern browsers, including Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari and smartphone browsers such as iPhone, Blackberry and Android
- Transfer files securely – Provides encryption using HTTPS protocol
- Drag and Drop File Transfer – Transfer multiple files/folders at one time
- Thin client – All significant processing takes place on the server
Configuration and Management
Remote Administration (Enterprise Edition Only)
- Configurable from any computer with Internet access.
- Remote Administration UI is identical to the Local Administration UI.
- Use Windows NT/SAM Authentication (Enterprise Edition Only)
- Dynamically accesses user and group account information from your Windows NT Domain
- Changes made to the Windows NT User/Group information can be immediately available in the Titan server.
User-friendly wizards simplify user and group creation.
Server configurations can be fine-tuned at the individual, group, and user level to handle special cases.
- Configure individual or group accounts to expire on a specific date.
- Manually enable or disable accounts.
The Titan Administrator is a powerful graphical user interface and is the primary means to configure Titan. A lightweight Web Administrator interface allows for user management from any browser.
Advanced Administrator Tools: Automation and Reporting
Event Handling System Automation (Enterprise Edition Only)
Configurable for over 100 unique events (e.g., logins and uploads) trigger emails, file/script, custom logs, etc.
Component Object Model (COM) and Command Line Interfaces Automation
Provides a COM API to programmatically control your server from any COM-enabled programming language: Visual Basic (VB), Visual Basic Script (VBS), C++, C#, Java, etc.
Command Line Interface Automation
Supports a command-line interface useful for batch file processing that allows administrators to add users, modify permissions, add groups and other administrative tasks.
Multiple Log Formats and Message Levels
- Verbose logging can be enabled to provide detailed logging information.
- Writes logfiles in W3C or plain text.
- Customizable log fields, so you can gather only the information you want.
Database (ODBC) Logging Support
Customizable to track specific statistics and write to any ODBC data source.
Real-time monitoring of any server activity, including individual users.
Powerful File Transfer Management
Zlib Compression for Faster Transfers and Directory Listings
- For FTP/FTPS, Zlib compression is implemented through the “MODE Z” command. In SFTP, Zlib compression is based on the SSH engine.
File Integrity Checking with FTP XCRC Command
Access Network Resources via Universal Naming Convention (UNC)
- Configurable to operate smoothly with firewalls and routers.
- Port range for PASV connections.
Disk Quotas for Individuals
- Enables a quid pro quo system of file transfers. Configure Titan to require a certain ratio of files uploaded vs. downloaded, or bytes uploaded vs. downloaded.
- Files can also be added to a “Free File” list which can be downloaded regardless of the current ratio.
Ban File Types Using Wildcard Filters
Control Connection Limits:
- Maximum number of concurrent connections
- Maximum number of concurrent connections per IP
- Idle connection timeout
- Maximum upload or download speed
- Maximum uploads or downloads per session
- Maximum file upload or download size
Upload and Download Resuming
Runs as a Windows Service
File and Directory Case Setup
- Configurable to preserve the case of files and directories
- Configurable to convert all to upper or lower case
Customize the Store Unique (STOU) File Format
Delete Partially Uploaded Files
Block Anti-Timeout Schemes